With mental health entering more and more of our daily conversations, it’s critical that everyone has a solid foundation of knowledge about mental health. That’s why for Mental Health Month this year, Mental Health America is getting back to basics.
After the last two years of pandemic living, many people are realizing that stress, isolation, and uncertainty have taken a toll on their well-being. Our brains react to ominous loads of laundry and upcoming dentist visits like they were vicious predators. And the onslaught of today’s stressors is fairly nonstop. When our bodies stay triggered for too long, lots of possible health problems can develop or worsen.
Feeling like something isn’t quite right? Conifer Health Solutions and its Personal Health Nurses (PHNs) are the perfect option for you and your family’s health needs. To get started, call Patricia Mullen at 1-800-459-2110 X2247 or 410-919-4428.
Schedule your annual preventive care visit now!
Getting your preventive screening tests is one of the most important things you can do to protect your health.
Screenings can help find diseases early, when they may be easiest to treat and before you have symptoms. Talk to your doctor about whether—and when—you should get these common screening tests based on your age, health history, genetics and other personal risk factors.
The Trust’s health plans cover a set of these preventive services at no cost to you. That’s no copayment, no co-insurance, and no deductible to receive recommended preventive health services, such as screenings, vaccinations, and counseling.
For example, depending on your age, you may have access to preventive services such as:
- Blood pressure, diabetes, and cholesterol tests
- Many cancer screenings, including mammograms and colonoscopies
- Counseling on such topics as quitting smoking, losing weight, eating healthfully, treating depression, and reducing alcohol use
- Regular well-baby and well-child visits, from birth to age 21
- Routine vaccinations against diseases such as measles, polio, or meningitis
- Counseling, screening, and vaccines to ensure healthy pregnancies
- Flu and pneumonia shots
These services are only covered at 100% when delivered by a doctor or other provider in your plan’s network.
Need help finding a provider?
Our Personal Health Advocates can help you get to the right care
at the right time and resolve a wide range of issues, at no cost to you.
Health Advocate’s expert healthcare help can:
- Find the right in-network doctors and make appointments
- Support medical issues, from common to complex
- Answer questions about diagnoses and treatments
- Research the latest treatment options
- Coordinate services related to all aspects of your care
- Coordinate second opinions and transfer medical records
- Research and locate elder care services
- Resolve insurance claims and medical billing issues
- And much more!
Quickly reach us any time you like – by phone, email, and secure messaging.