HR Administrators Dashboard / Important News & Announcements
COVID-19 Over-The-Counter Home Tests
The federal government now requires commercial health plans to cover the cost of over-the-counter COVID-19 tests for members beginning January 15, 2022.
As a result of this new requirement, our Plan is required to cover the cost of over-the-counter COVID-19 at-home tests for our members. This policy went into effect on January 15, 2022 and will remain in effect for the duration of the Federal Public Health Emergency. To assist you with this mandate, CareFirst Administrators has put a process in place to pay these claims on our Plan’s behalf.
Members may receive reimbursement for up to eight over-the-counter COVID-19 at-home tests per covered individual in the household per 30-day period without a healthcare provider order or clinical assessment.
Our members covered by the O’Grady Catholic Trust health plan will need to:
- Complete and sign claim and attestation forms
- Attach the required documentation
- Mail the forms and required documentation to CareFirst Administrators
We recommend taking a photo of your forms and documentation for your records before mailing your documentation to CFA.
Complete instructions are included on the claim/attestation document and can be distributed to your employees directly or posted to your intranet. Additionally, the document will be posted on CFA’s website at www.cfablue.com for easy access.
Important reminders for members completing the claim and attestation forms:
- The member’s Employee ID/Member ID is the employee’s ECT number on their medical ID card.
- On the claim form, members should use O’Grady Catholic Health Trust for the Employer Name field (this is the name of our Group Plan).